Isn't this how we all think? When we are little, we think about being big kids who can ride in the front seat next to Mom and Dad. From there, we are leaving that front seat, and seeing the group of teenage girls walking around the mall by themselves, and you thought to yourself "I want to be doing that." Time passes, and you're a graduate from high school, then college, and you look back at life and think "Where did time go?"
My life tends to constantly lead in this direction. Rushing life. From the birth of my boys, to thinking "Oh I can't wait for them to be walking/talking/ect." Now, I am at the point in my own personal journey, where I am rushing to see results physically. I am working my ass off at becoming the woman I want to be. But why am I rushing it? Why am I not taking in these beautiful moments of sweat, tears, physical triumphs, and successes, with a deep breath, and pride?
Sometimes we all need to take a moment, and stop and smell the roses. Or better yet, stop and embrace that moment you're in in your life. Because when we do, we grow. And who doesn't want to grow within themselves to be a better person/wife/mother/friend? Living in the moment, is what I realized, makes your life meaningful. It produces memories. Society nowadays promotes such a rapid, instantaneous lifestyle. Instead of living in that moment, it is branded into us, to expedite life. And when that happens, life is nothing but a rushed moment.
What are some ways that you strive to live in the moment?
My life tends to constantly lead in this direction. Rushing life. From the birth of my boys, to thinking "Oh I can't wait for them to be walking/talking/ect." Now, I am at the point in my own personal journey, where I am rushing to see results physically. I am working my ass off at becoming the woman I want to be. But why am I rushing it? Why am I not taking in these beautiful moments of sweat, tears, physical triumphs, and successes, with a deep breath, and pride?
Sometimes we all need to take a moment, and stop and smell the roses. Or better yet, stop and embrace that moment you're in in your life. Because when we do, we grow. And who doesn't want to grow within themselves to be a better person/wife/mother/friend? Living in the moment, is what I realized, makes your life meaningful. It produces memories. Society nowadays promotes such a rapid, instantaneous lifestyle. Instead of living in that moment, it is branded into us, to expedite life. And when that happens, life is nothing but a rushed moment.
What are some ways that you strive to live in the moment?


I needed this today, so much. Awesome post.
ReplyDeleteOh, Kait. Can I just thank you for this?
ReplyDelete