photo sfdsfdsfsd_zpsrt2ofbr1.jpg
HOME       ABOUT       CONTACT       POLICIES

25 June 2014

CAREER DECISIONS

I went to college for a little bit, right after high school, but at the time, it just wasn't for me. Now, I am really wanting to pursue a career in something I never thought that I would be interested in: Dental assisting. It's incredibly intriguing to me, and I really could see myself loving it. My best friend, Dana, is an orthodontic assistant, and was the one to truly inspire me. Hearing stories from her, and learning the different ways and techniques from her stories, made my brain just explode with excitement. After doing a bunch of research, and spending countless hours on the internet, looking at the inner workings of this career, I knew that it was definitely the one that I wanted to pursue. Now my question was: when. We are a one income family. Paul is in the military, and we are fortunate and blessed enough to be able to live off of what he provides. But lately, I have really been feeling like going back to school is calling my name. I knew that I definitely wanted to go back to school when the boys started school themselves, but now, I'm wondering when the best time to go back, really is.

Staying home with my boys has been the biggest blessing that I could ever imagine. I am so lucky to be able to wake up each morning, cuddle them in bed, eat breakfast together in our jammies, and just enjoy each moment with them. Seeing each moment of their little lives, and how they learn and embrace each moment; it's something that you cherish forever. I feel like I would be incredibly selfish, if I was to leave them, to make a new career for myself. There aren't many mothers that are fortunate enough to be able to spend every moment with their children, and I am just going to give that up? You never get back these moments of innocence and childhood. And who can give your children better care than you? The other part of me feels like this would be such a huge benefit for my family. We would be a two income family, and Paul and I would be able to provide the boys with whatever they wanted or needed, without hesitation or worry of financial burdens. I would make a name for myself, and be able to find that independence that I feel as if I have lost, in a way. I'm very torn. And in need of some prayers and good vibes my way! I just want to do what is best for everyone in my family.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love getting feedback and connecting with my readers!