I am always looking for new ways to add healthy things into my diet. Especially when they come in such an easy form of use! Flaxseed has been known to process through the body better after it has been grounded. Which is how I purchase it. I also find it easier to add into my meals as well this way! This seed has been used for thousands and thousands of years now, and is said to be one of the "wonder foods". Containing Fiber, Omega-3's, and Lignans, Flaxseed is now showing major signs of helping cure heart disease, diabetes, and even breast cancer.
So let's break down exactly what is in flaxseed again, and what the benefits can be to us, shall we?
- Omega-3 - These are naturally fatty acids, that studies have shown help keep a healthy heart. In each tablespoon of flax, you consume 1.8 grams of plant omega-3's
- Fiber - I don't know about you, but I don't ever have enough fiber in my diet. The nice thing about flaxseed, is that each tablespoons provides 8 grams of fiber. This is awesome to keep everything "regular" if yanno what I mean.
- Lignans - Lignans alters the way your body metabolizes estrogen into safer forms. It has also been proven to reduce the risk of breast cancer as well.




I've been hearing a lot about this, but haven't picked any up yet! I need to add it to my grocery list!! Thank you for this post! xoxo
ReplyDeleteGreat article! I use flaxseed in my Shakeology every morning. Have you been to The Vine in FV? They have a great selection of vitamins and supplements. That's where I get mine and don't have to drive too far!
ReplyDeleteI put ground flaxseed in casseroles...desserts, and like you said, oatmeal and smoothies, too! It's easy enough to add to our every day meals!
ReplyDeleteI need to get some of this! Following!
ReplyDeleteJordyn
Pretty Lovely
I love flaxseed in smoothies or as egg replacers in baking when I don't have any eggs on hand. The only think you need to remember about it is to refrigerate or freeze it (depending on how quickly you use it). Flaxseed oil goes bad very quickly, but freezing it helps.
ReplyDelete