When I found out that I was first pregnant, I began dreaming of big bows, beautiful dresses, and planning a totally gorgeous name. Isabella Loren. (Loren like 'Sophia Loren') Then, the big gender scan arrived, and I was ready to see my baby girl.
And then, there it was. A little peter and all of it's glory.
My son showing his goods off gladly to his soon to be parents, and the Dr. Paul was elated. He had always wanted to be a daddy of boys. And the funny thing was, As I laid there, and watched my son squirm around and continue to gladly show off his parts, spread eagle... I was happy. The thoughts of having a girl went out the window and never came back. My mind began turning and thinking of all of the wonderful things that were to come with having a boy. I somehow knew at that moment, that I was meant to be a boy mom. Life was wonderful with My Tucker James.
Then, just 14 months later, we welcomed our second son. Tanner Hart. When we found out we were having another baby, Paul and I automatically knew that we wanted to have another boy. We wanted to have those close brothers to have one another growing up. We were ready for the total chaos of raising boys. And God gladly gave us that blessing.
Having boys to me, is so much more than the dirty socks, messy chaos everywhere we go. I want to raise my boys to be strong, Christian men. Because let's face it, our world unfortunately lacks them nowadays. I want them to leave their little nest of a home, and fly out into the world with a confidence and humbleness about them, that shines bright. They're being raised seeing how a man should treat his wife by watching their daddy. And they are being raised in the church young.
I want my boys to know the difference between right and wrong. Be the gentleman that every woman desires to have, and have the respect for women that some unfortunately only dream of. I will raise leaders. I will raise true men. Teaching them as they grow, the good and evils of this world, and how to handle them.
So that one day, when they have a family of their own, it will be something so amazing and pure.
That I can look back and be proud of what my husband and I have made.



I love this - it is such an honor and a great responsibility to raise boys - they are the next generation of men! I want my son to grow up to be a gentleman and to follow the Lord with His whole heart, and that's such a huge task, but it's such a blessing that I get to do it with the Lord's help!
ReplyDelete