I decided I wasn't going to go ahead and do a cheesy Valentine's day post.
Because although I think Valentine's day is a sweet idea,
I feel like every day should be a day to show your love for your significant others.
Because, isn't that what love is about?
Love is so much more than just a word. It needs to be portrayed by actions.
Showing the one that you love, exactly how much you love them, is key.
Look at how God expressed his love for us. He gave His only Son, crucified for us!
How amazing is that? But think about it. It was an action that showed us love.
We have to remember that saying the words 'I love you', are always great to hear,
but showing through actions, your love, means so much more.
And by showing your love, I don't mean buying jewelry, or flowers every day.
It's more that that. And it's nothing big. It can be the little things.
My husband does little things like helping with the dishes,
or letting me sleep in on the weekends, and I can relax some!
Remember what it says in 1 Corinthians:
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast;
it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way;
it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
Love bears all things, believes all things,
hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.
As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues,
they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.
If anything, this is a verse that we should often look back on.
I know that it is something that I have done recently, and it really
does help make you stop and think what love is really all about.
So make it a point to go the extra mile to show your loved ones,
just exactly how much you do love them. And not just on Valentine's
day. But every day.
What ways do you show your loved one how much you love them?


You picked the perfect verse to include in your post today (it's the one I used, too!). And I definitely agree with you about Valentine's Day and love. Love should be celebrated and put into action everyday of our lives. I just love that it's a good excuse to eat more chocolate. :)
ReplyDeleteI love everything you said in this post - you're right, love is a verb, and I think it's the verb part that we should focus on on Valentine's Day - showing love to those in our lives! Love the verses you included too!
ReplyDelete